First of all, dividend stocks are my absolute favorite type of investment. I can’t gush about them enough for their wealth-building capabilities.
Furthermore, dividend stocks are a big part of Dividends Diversify.
Do you know what I like to say? “Build wealth one dividend at a time”. It’s that simple.
So, they sit close to the top of our wealth-building pyramid.
Let’s cover all of our bases on this investing strategy.
Here is an outline of what we have in store…
Dividend Investing Articles By Topic
- How dividends work
- FAQs about dividends
- Dividend investing resources
- How to make money from dividends
- Dividend stock model portfolio
- Fill out your dividend calendar
- Dividend stock groups for building a foundation
- Other ways to get dividends
- Dividend investing success stories
- Why dividend stocks?
1. How Dividends Work
Do you want to be a successful dividend investor? Then check out this growing series of articles about how stock dividends work.
Start with the namesake and capstone article:
Then move on to some of these articles. They dive into specific dividend investing topics in greater detail.
- How to start dividend investing with little money
- A guide to dividend growth investing
- The pros and cons of dividend stocks
- Bird in hand dividend theory explained
- Dividend irrelevance theory explained
- The importance of dividend policy
- 5 types of dividends and which one is best
- 7 ways to find dividend stocks
- How to analyze dividend stocks after you find them
- Valuing dividend stocks with the Gordon Growth Model
- How to forecast future dividends
2. FAQs About Dividends
You have questions. We have answers.
Here are some responses to frequently asked questions from readers…
- Why do companies pay dividends?
- How many dividend stocks should you own?
- How much should you invest in dividend stocks?
- Are dividends free money?
- What are homemade dividends?
- Are dividend stocks worth it?
- Are dividends better than capital gains?
- Is high dividend yield good or bad?
- Why do companies increase dividends?
- What is a good dividend yield?
- Can you lose money on dividend stocks?
- How much can you earn from dividends?
- What is a good dividend payout ratio?
- Can you get rich off dividends?
- Do index funds pay dividends?
- What percentage of your portfolio should be in dividend stocks?
- How much in dividends can you make with $100K?
- How much money do you need to live off dividends?
- When should you buy dividend stocks?
3. More Dividend Investing Resources
We all have to learn and get better at what we do. To become better dividend investors, here are some of my favorite resources to level up your dividend investing game.
Books, investment newsletters, advisory services, and some of my own informative articles are the focus here.
- Dividends Still Don’t Lie – Book Review
- The Little Book Of Big Dividends – Book Review
- Simply Investing review: picking dividend stocks made easy
- Utility Forecaster investment newsletter review
- Comparing Dividend Kings vs Aristocrats
- A comprehensive guide to the Dividend Achievers
- How to build a dividend portfolio from monthly dividend stocks
- 5 points about million-dollar dividend portfolios
- Dividend stocks vs. index funds: How to decide
4. Making Money From Dividends
Making money from dividends is the goal. Right?
Building a growing passive income stream is what dividend investing is all about. At least in my humble opinion.
So, here is a group of “how-to” articles that discuss just that…
- How to start a dividend portfolio
- Build a portfolio paying dividends every month
- How to build a 12-month dividend portfolio
- How to earn dividend income
- Beginner’s guide to $50 in monthly dividends
- Make $100 a month in dividends
- Collect $200 a month in dividends
- Earn $500 in monthly dividends
- Amount needed to make $500 in monthly dividends
- Get $1,000 a month in dividends
- $2,000 in dividends every month!
- How to make $5,000 a month in dividends
- How to make $100k a year from dividends
- How to snowball your way to dividend wealth
- Increase your dividend income: 4 ways to go about it
5. Dividend Stock Model Portfolio
What is the “dividends deluxe” model portfolio?
It is a deep list of some of my favorite dividend growth stocks. Click on the stock of your choice and it will take you to the latest dividend stock review I have completed for the company.
Dividend Stock Review Process
Each stock analysis and review is based on what I call the dividend deep dive. The dividend deep dive is my process for analyzing a dividend stock.
Finally, here are the stocks in the dividends deluxe model portfolio:
- Automatic Data Processing
- Abbott Labs
- Becton Dickinson
- Dominion Energy
- Duke Energy
- Genuine Parts
- Hormel Foods
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kimberly Clark
- NextEra Energy
- Norfolk Southern
- Philip Morris
- Procter and Gamble
- Raytheon Technologies
- Realty Income
- Southern Company
- Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Wisconsin Energy
Former Members Of The Dividends Deluxe
I like to buy and hold my dividend stocks forever. And, most of the time I am successful in doing so.
On the other hand, sometimes I make a mistake investing in the wrong company. Or, my initial assumptions regarding dividend growth or dividend safety do not meet my expectations as time passes.
In the worst situation, a company may reduce its dividend. Finally, in some circumstances, a company is acquired or merged out of existence.
Whatever the case, sometimes I no longer hold a specific dividend stock. And when I sell, I no longer hold the stock in the Dividends Deluxe model portfolio. Nor do I maintain the dividend stock analysis.
6. Fill Out Your Dividend Calendar
Many dividend investors like to identify stocks by when they pay their dividends. In order to smooth out their stream of passive income cash flows.
Timing of dividend payments shouldn’t be your only reason for investing in a stock. But, it is something to consider as you make your investments.
To help you out, here are several articles to help fill out your dividend calendar:
- 7 monthly dividend stocks
- Stocks that pay dividends in January
- Dividend stocks that pay in February
- Stocks that pay dividends in the month of March
- Stocks paying dividends in April
- 10 stocks that pay dividends in May
- June dividend stocks
- Top stocks paying dividends in July
- August dividend payers
- Stocks paying dividends in September
- Companies paying dividends in October
- Best stocks paying November dividends
- December dividend payers
- January, April, July, and October dividend payers
- Stocks for February, May, August, November dividends
- Get dividends in March, June, September, December
7. Dividend Stock Groups & Sectors For Building Your Foundation
Dividend stocks are typically clustered in certain sectors of the stock market. Or, other logical groupings.
Periodically I will pick a sector or stock group and analyze a few stocks within it to compare and contrast. Highlight a specific issue the sector is encountering. Or, simply pick a theme and present dividend stock ideas that fit that theme.
Furthermore, everyone has to start somewhere. It would be nice if you had the money to invest in 25 or 30 dividend stocks, but that may not be the case.
If so, start with 1 and try to quickly build to at least 3 dividend stocks for diversification. Then shoot for 5.
Here are several different groups of dividend stocks to consider. Hopefully, there is an article here that fits your needs as a dividend investor…
- Investing in utility stocks for high dividends
- 20 investment ideas for 2020 and beyond
- 7 good dividend stocks to buy and why
- 7 higher yield dividend stocks
- 5 high growth dividend stocks
- 5 consistent dividend stocks to buy and hold
- 3 Dividend Kings
- 3 top dividend stocks
8. Other Ways to Get Your Dividends
Individual stocks are not the only way to invest in dividend stocks. There are plenty of mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and even robo-advisors that can do the work for you.
Learn about some excellent options here:
- 5 best Vanguard dividend ETFs for long-term investing
- Vanguard dividend appreciation ETF (VIG) review
- Vanguard high dividend yield ETF (VYM) review
- Vanguard international high dividend ETF (VYMI) review
- Vanguard utilities ETF (VPU) review
Get the idea that I am a big fan of Vanguard dividend stock ETFs? If so, you are right on.
9. Dividend Investing Success Stories
I love a good success story. Especially when it comes to dividend investing.
I kick this section off with my own success story. But, you don’t have to believe me. If that is the case, then listen to the dividend investing success stories from some of my friends.
- Living off dividend stocks in retirement
- Dividend investing success stories – Volume 1 – Trent
- Dividend investing success stories – Volume 2 – Mark
10. Why Dividend Stocks?
Like I said at the beginning, I can’t brag about dividend stocks enough. But, I will try.
Here are a couple of articles where I “talk up” the topic of dividend investing and dividend stocks. Enjoy!
- How to create your own passive income machine from dividends
- Around the web to a few good dividend blogs
Disclosure & Disclaimer
Disclosure & Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment adviser, financial adviser, or tax professional. And I am not providing you with individual investment advice, financial guidance, or tax counsel. Furthermore, this website’s only purpose is information & entertainment. And we are not liable for any losses suffered by any party because of information published on this blog.