Dividend stocks are my absolute favorite type of investment. I can’t gush about them enough for their wealth-building capabilities.
Dividend stocks are a big part of Dividends Diversify. You know what I like to say: “build wealth one dividend at a time”. They sit close to the top of our wealth building pyramid.
So, let’s cover all of our bases on this critical topic…
Dividend Investing Resources
We all have to learn and get better at what we do. Do you want to be a better dividend investor? Then here are some of my favorite resources to “up your game”!
Books, investment newsletters, advisory services, and some of my own informative articles are the focus here.
- Dividends Still Don’t Lie – Book Review
- The Little Book Of Big Dividends – Book Review
- Simply Investing review: picking dividend stocks made easy
- Utility Forecaster investment newsletter review
- How to increase your dividend income – 4 ways to go about it
- Why companies pay dividends
- The importance of dividend policy & 12 companies that know it
- How to build a portfolio paying dividends every month
Dividend Stock Model Portfolio
What is the “dividends deluxe” model portfolio?
It is a deep list of some of my favorite dividend growth stocks. Click on the stock of your choice and it will take you to the latest dividend stock review I have completed for the company.
Dividend Stock Review Process
Each stock analysis and review is based on what I call the dividend deep dive. The dividend deep dive is my process for analyzing a dividend stock. Check out the dividend deep dive process here:
And here are the stocks in the dividends deluxe model portfolio:
- Abbott Labs
- Becton Dickinson
- Dominion Energy
- Duke Energy
- Genuine Parts
- Hormel Foods
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kimberly Clark
- NextEra Energy
- Norfolk Southern
- Philip Morris
- Procter and Gamble
- Realty Income
- Southern Company
- Walgreens Boots Alliance
- Wisconsin Energy
Former Members Of The Dividends Deluxe
I like to buy and hold my dividend stocks forever. And, most of the time I am successful in doing so.
On the other hand, sometimes I make a mistake investing in the wrong company. Or, my initial assumptions regarding dividend growth or dividend safety do not meet my expectations as time passes.
In the worst situation, a company may reduce its dividend. Finally, in some circumstances, a company is acquired or merged out of existence.
Whatever the case, sometimes I no longer hold a specific dividend stock. Here are several examples of former members of the Dividends Deluxe model portfolio.
Dividend Stock Groups & Sectors
Dividend stocks are typically clustered in certain sectors of the stock market. Periodically I will pick a sector and analyze a few stocks within it to compare and contrast. Or highlight a specific issue the sector is encountering.
Sometimes, I simply pick a theme and present dividend stock ideas that fit the theme.
Here are a few examples of these articles:
- Investing in utility stocks for high dividends
- Technology stocks where cash is king
- 20 investment ideas for 2020 and beyond
- What’s up with big packaged food companies
Foundation Dividend Stocks
Everyone has to start somewhere. It would be nice if you had the money to invest in 25 or 30 dividend stocks, but that may not be the case.
If so, start with 1 and try to quickly build to at least 3 dividend stocks for diversification. Here are several different groups of dividend stocks to consider.
- 6 higher yield dividend stocks
- 5 high growth dividend stocks
- 3 Dividend Kings
- 5 consistent dividend stocks to buy and hold
- 3 top dividend stocks
- 3 great dividend stocks
Other Ways to Get Your Dividends
Individual stocks are not the only way to invest in dividend stocks. There are plenty of mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), and even robo-advisors that can do the work for you.
Learn about some excellent options here:
- Vanguard dividend appreciation ETF (VIG) review
- Vanguard high dividend yield ETF (VYM) review
- Vanguard international high dividend ETF (VYMI) review
- Vanguard utilities ETF (VPU) review
Get the idea that I am a big fan of Vanguard dividend stock ETF’s? If so, you are right on.
Dividend Investing Success Stories
I love a good success story. Especially when it comes to dividend investing.
I kick this section off with my own success story. But, you don’t have to believe me. If that is the case, then listen to the dividend investing success stories from some of my friends.
- Living off dividend stocks in retirement
- Dividend investing success stories – Volume 1 – Trent
- Dividend investing success stories – Volume 2 – Mark
Why Dividend Stocks
Like I said at the beginning, I can’t brag about dividend stocks enough. But, I will try.
Here are a few articles where I “talk up” the topic of dividend investing and dividend stocks. Enjoy!
- Why I like dividend stocks
- Why dividends are the perfect form of passive income
- Why I would invest in dividend stocks if I were you
- How to create your own passive income machine from dividends
- Make the companies do the work so you don’t have to
- Around the web to a few good dividend blogs
Disclosure & Disclaimer
This article, or any of the articles referenced here, is not intended to be investment advice specific to your situation. I am not a licensed investment adviser, and I am not providing you with individual investment advice. The only purpose of this site is information & entertainment. We are not liable for any losses suffered by any party because of information published on this blog. See this site’s Disclaimer and Privacy tab for more information.